Apr 13, 2010

Reuben

Meet Reuben. I met this pleasant man on my way to the train one sunny spring day. As he sat on the parkway bench so peaceful, a look of content on his face. I felt the need to share a couple words with him and in turn with me.




Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket







(Just some thoughts I had after our encounter (again I am no writer, excuse my errors))



Unread.
We all have a story, hidden beneath our false angst.
Life daunts to care.
Forgotten in our mindless abyss.
Tales untold. Dreams not lived.
We obsess times of day again and again.
Peoples lives and loves. How can you be so blind and yet so selfish?
To not care and bother what we believe. And to just look at another.
Life lived and untold and without realization of what has become.
I sometimes wonder why have I become so deep in my own mind?
Why can't I just be alive in feelings and emotions?
My intuitions have grown their own mind and I have but lost mine!
Stuck in a grave of falsehood and just to be better. For what for whom?
To be loved and accepted. Is that how we really decode acceptance.
Are we not trusted on what we are? To other sides we must run?
To fields of hope we travel, to find them torn, neglected, and barren.
Warriors of deception and reality, they have destroyed all that we ever had and believed in.
Could you really dream without sleeping. Without letting go?
Do I have to be away from my true self to feel free?
Convincing my self of how I want to feel. The world poisoning my only truth.
We obsess. Must we free ourselves from Satan's sly reel ?

No comments:

Post a Comment